The RSPCA Bury, Oldham charity shops turn your donated items into cash to help animals in crisis.
We have 14 charity shops and 1 animal centre shop in the areas of Bury and Oldham
Please give us your unwanted clothes so that we can help vulnerable local animals.
Why we need donations
Our charity shops sell your donations to fund the work of the Bury and Oldham RSPCA. The Bury and Oldham RSPCA helps animals in crisis and in need of care.
How to donate
Drop items off at any Bury and Oldham RSPCA charity shop in your area. Please don’t leave donations outside the shop when we are closed as they could be stolen or ruined by the weather.
Please contact your nearest charity shop if you:
• would like to arrange a house collection
• are a company that would like to donate end-of-line, samples or surplus stock
• have any particularly large items to donate that you are unable to bring yourself
We are always looking for:
• unwanted gifts
• children’s clothing, toys and games
• men’s and women’s clothing and shoes
• books and multimedia like DVDs, CDs and vinyl
• accessories, non-pierced jewellery, belts, handbags
• bric a brac, crockery, glassware, bakeware, household linen and ornaments
• any old clothes or textiles that are no longer useable can still raise money by being sold to textile merchants
second-hand furniture and electrical equipment.
Foreign & old currency
Donations we can’t accept:
We cannot sell anything that it would be unsafe for you to buy – anything that is broken, dangerous, unhygienic, where its safety cannot be proven or it would be illegal for us to sell. Please do not bring these items to us as we will have to incur costs for their disposal.
In particular, we can’t accept:
• medication, solvents, used dentures, jewellery for pierced body-parts, cosmetics and toiletries
• mains or bottled gas appliances, microwaves, electric fires, petrol, oil or diesel-fuelled items, batteries, computer hard drives
• food or drink, poisonous, toxic or hazardous substances, tobacco
• items containing ivory, bone, turtle and tortoise-shell
• 18 certificate, counterfeit or homemade films and music
• crash helmets, hard hats or protective headgear and clothes
• toys, nightwear or upholstered furniture items that don’t have the relevant safety labels
• used children’s shoes, clothing with drawstrings, repainted cots, walkers, safety gates, car seats or nursery furniture containing upholstery
• firearms, ammunition, weapons or realistic toy weapons, knives, blades or objects that could be used as weapons
Please contact your local shop if you have any queries.
Gift Aid on stock:
Donating stock to one of our shops? Ask the team if you can Gift Aid it. Just fill out one simple declaration form and your stock donations can help the Bury, Oldham RSPCA help more animals in need. Gift Aid makes every £1 worth £1.25. So for every £1 we sell an item for, we can claim back 25p from the government.
The HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) allows registered charities to claim back 25% of donations received from individual tax paying donors on the price of items sold. Full terms, conditions and HMRC requirements are available instore or are available to download from the HMRC website.